Hi I'm WHLfan, the founder of this wiki and a collector of Hardy Boys books.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them on my talk page.
Also check out Help:Contents or Category:Help.
Currently reading (this is often out of date): The Hardy Boys Casefiles #6 The Deadliest Dare
More info will be added to this page soon...
My sandbox (for my use)
Books I've readEdit
Here's a list of Hardy Boys books I have read at least once.
The Hardy BoysEdit
- 1. The Tower Treasure
- 2. The House on the Cliff
- 3. The Secret of the Old Mill
- 4. The Missing Chums
- 5. Hunting for Hidden Gold
- 6. The Shore Road Mystery
- 7. The Secret of the Caves
- 8. The Mystery of Cabin Island
- 9. The Great Airport Mystery
- 10. What Happened at Midnight
- 11. While the Clock Ticked
- 12. Footprints under the Window
- 13. The Mark on the Door
- 14. The Hidden Harbor Mystery
- 15. The Sinister Sign Post
- 16. A Figure in Hiding
- 17. The Secret Warning
- 18. The Twisted Claw
- 19. The Disappearing Floor
- 20. The Mystery of the Flying Express
- 21. The Clue of the Broken Blade
- 22. The Flickering Torch Mystery
- 23. The Melted Coins
- 24. The Short-Wave Mystery
- 25. The Secret Panel
- 26. The Phantom Freighter
- 27. The Secret of Skull Mountain
- 28. The Sign of the Crooked Arrow
- 29. The Secret of the Lost Tunnel
- 30. The Wailing Siren Mystery
- 31. The Secret of Wildcat Swamp
- 32. The Crisscross Shadow
- 33. The Yellow Feather Mystery
- 34. The Hooded Hawk Mystery
- 35. The Clue in the Embers
- 36. The Secret of Pirates' Hill
- 37. The Ghost at Skeleton Rock
- 38. The Mystery at Devil's Paw
- 39. The Mystery of the Chinese Junk
- 40. Mystery of the Desert Giant
- 41. The Clue of the Screeching Owl
- 42. The Viking Symbol Mystery
- 43. The Mystery of the Aztec Warrior
- 44. The Haunted Fort
- 45. The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge
- 46. The Secret Agent on Flight 101
- 47. Mystery of the Whale Tattoo
- 48. The Arctic Patrol Mystery
- 49. The Bombay Boomerang
- 50. Danger on Vampire Trail
- 51. The Masked Monkey
- 52. The Shattered Helmet
- 53. The Clue of the Hissing Serpent
- 54. The Mysterious Caravan
- 55. The Witchmaster's Key
- 56. The Jungle Pyramid
- 59. Night of the Werewolf
- 60. Mystery of the Samurai Sword
- 69. The Four-headed Dragon
- 78. Cave-In (re-titled Cave-In!)
- 150. The Crisscross Crime
- 188. Farming Fear
The Hardy Boys CasefilesEdit
- 1. Dead on Target
- 2. Evil, Inc.
- 3. Cult of Crime
- 5. Edge of Destruction
- 6. The Crowning Terror
- 7. Deathgame
- 8. See No Evil
- 9. The Genius Thieves
- 11. Brother Against Brother
- 13. The Borgia Dagger
- 17. The Number File
- 19. Nightmare in Angel City
- 20. Witness to Murder
- 21. Street Spies
- 22. Double Exposure
- 25. The Borderline Case
- 26. Trouble in the Pipeline
- 30. The Deadliest Dare
- 32. Blood Money
- 37. Danger Zone
- 64. Endangered Species
- 65. No Mercy
- 66. The Phoenix Equation
- 69. Mayhem in Motion
- 76. Tagged for Terror
- 119. The Emperor's Shield
The Hardy Boys Undercover BrothersEdit
- 1. Extreme Danger
- 2. Running on Fumes
- 3. Boardwalk Bust
- 4. Thrill Ride
- 5. Rocky Road
- 6. Burned
- 7. Operation: Survival
- 8. Top Ten Ways to Die
- 9. Martial Law
- 10. Blown Away
- 11. Hurricane Joe
- 12. Trouble in Paradise
- 13. The Mummy's Curse
- 14. Hazed
- 15. Death and Diamonds
- 16. Bayport Buccaneers
- 17. Murder at the Mall
- 18. Pushed
- 19. Foul Play
- 20. Feeding Frenzy
- 21. Comic Con Artist
- 22. Deprivation House
- 23. House Arrest
- 24. Murder House
- 25. Double Trouble
The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Super MysteryEdit
- 1. Wanted
- 2. Kidnapped at the Casino
- 3. Haunted
The Hardy Boys Graphic NovelEdit
- 1. The Ocean of Osyria
- 2. Identity Theft
- 3. Mad House
- 4. Malled
- 5. Sea You, Sea Me
- 6. Hyde & Shriek
- 7. The Opposite Numbers
- 8. Board to Death
- 9. To Die or Not to Die
- 10. A Hardy Day's Night
- 11. Abracadeath
- 12. Dude Ranch O' Death!
- 13. The Deadliest Stunt
- 14. Haley Danelle's Best Eight
- 15. Live Free or Die Hardy
- 16. Shhhhhh!
Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super MysteryEdit
- 1. Terror on Tour
- 2. Danger Overseas
- The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook
- Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Sleuths! Volume 2
TV episodes I've watchedEdit
A list of all the Hardy Boys TV shows I've watched.
The Hardy Boys (Micky Mouse Club)Edit
- 1. The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew MysteriesEdit
I've watched all episodes of seasons one and two, in which the Hardys appear.
- 1. The Mystery of the Haunted House
- 3. The Mystery of Witches' Hollow
- 5. The Disappearing Floor
- 7. The Flickering Torch Mystery
- 9. The Mystery of the Flying Courier
- 11. Wipe Out
- 13. The Secret of the Jade Kwan Yin
- 15. The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula (part I)
- 16. The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula (part II)
- 17. The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb
- 18. The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom (part I)
- 19. The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom (part II)
- 20. The Mystery of the African Safari
- 21. The Creatures Who Came on Sunday
- 22. The Strange Fate of Flight 608
- 23. Acapulco Spies
- 24. Nancy Drew's Love Match
- 25. The Mystery of the Silent Scream
- 26. Will the Real Santa Claus..?
- 27. The Lady on Thursday at Ten
- 28. Oh Say Can You Sing
- 29. The House on Possessed Hill
- 30. Sole Survivor (favorite)
- 31. Voodoo Doll (part I)
- 32. Voodoo Doll (part II)
- 33. Mystery of the Avalanche Express
- 34. Death Surf
- 35. Arson & Old Lace
- 36. The Campus Terror
- 37. The Last Kiss of Summer (part I)
- 38. The Last Kiss of Summer (part II)
Fixing The Hardy BoysEdit
I have some BIG problems with the current Hardy continuity, or lack there of, and have an idea to fix it...
Note: the following is told from a fictional point of view, as if I time traveled about 10 years into the future, and then wrote a article about the history of The Hardy Boys (or what would be history in about 2018), note that I have left I have left the graphic novels out of my idea, since I think they are fine and popular how they are, and as you will see ATAC is part of my proposed continuity.
Disclaimer: I just thought most of the book/series names off the top of my head, and don't necessarily think they are the best names possible for Hardy Boys series.
In 2008, in an attempted improve poor sales of their Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series, Simon & Schuster re-introduced the mini series format to The Hardy Boys world for the first time since 1993's Hardy Boys Casefiles Ring of Evil trilogy. The Murder House Trilogy was published in May 2008, which was met with less then enthusiasm from fans. After the completion of Murder House, the Double Danger Trilogy and Galaxy X Trilogy.
Even in light of the new trilogy format, the Undercover Brothers series was still not selling well, and in September 2009, The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series was discontinued after 30 volume.
In the spring of 2010, Simon & Schuster rebooted The Hardy Boys continuity, for the second time in only five years, unlike the Undercover Brothers continuity however, the new continuity didn't ignore The Hardy Boys' roots, but instead embraced them. This was evident to fans from the very beginning of the new continuity, which was lunched with Hardy Boys: Chapter One, a three part mini series retelling of Frank and Joe's early cases, including an updated version of the very first Hardy Boys book, The Tower Treasure. The mini series was followed later that month with book one in the new Hardy Boys series, untitled The Hardy Boys vs. the World. Iola Morton was alive in this story, and in the forward it was explained that this series started where The Hardy Boys (digest) series left off, and the events take place before Iola's death in The Hardy Boys Casefiles.
By the end of 2010 and the publication of The Hardy Boys vs. the World #7, most of the original cast had made an appearance in the new continuity, including the Hardy's friends, something that the Undercover Brothers series had lacked.
At the beginning of the series, Simon & Schuster promised fans that this series would tie all past series together and fix any continuity problems, because of this they felt ATAC could not just be ignored, but because it had been one of the main factors in killing their last Hardy Boys series, Simon & Schuster did not feel ready to include it in the new main series. Instead they lunched a new independent mini series in 2011, simply untiled ATAC, which chronicled the founding of American Teens Against Crime, right up to the never before told final battle with WARD and the ultimate collapse of both organizations. The series ran until the end of the year along side the main Vs. the World series, and while finally establishing where ATAC fit into the continuity, it also freed the continuity from the unpopular agency (mind you the series was popular and Simon & Schuster might consider other ATAC mini series in the future).
In June, Nancy Drew made her first guest appearance in The Hardy Boys vs. the World #10, the same month, Frank and Joe guest stared in the also newly revamped Nancy Drew world. To go with these appearances, a one-shot crossover book was published, retelling the story of Nancy and the Hardy boys first meeting.
Simon & Schuster started off 2012, with a new crossover series, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys vs. the World, and the start of new story line in the regular Hardy Boys series, which involved a major subplot dealing with Joe and Iola's relationship. The two part story arc concluded in February, and set up The Hardy Boys: The Death of Iola mini series, and the launch of The Hardy Boys Casefiles II book one, on the 25th Anniversary of the original Casefiles series. The Hardy Boys Casefiles II #1, was essentially a modern version of #128, as it made reference to Casefiles #127 Dead in the Water as having taken place only a few weeks before. For the sake of new readers, as well as the aforementioned Death of Iola series, The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 25 Years Book was published, which over viewed most of the original 127 Casefiles titles.
For the rest of the year The Hardy Boys vs. the World was published one month and The Hardy Boys Casefiles II was published the next. By December 2012 there was 19 Vs. the World books and five Casefiles II books, plus the three mini series, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys vs. the World #1, the one-shot Nancy Drew meets the Hardy Boys, and The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 25 Years Book.
Like the every years since the rebooted continuity, Simon & Schuster started 2013 off with a mini series, this time a Hardy Boys/Tom Swift crossover, a remake of the 1990's two Ultra Thrillers. On top of this Tom Swift appeared as a guest star in Casefiles II #6, these were popular, and the next year Tom Swift appeared with both Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys, in the first three way crossover ever.
The Hardy Boys vs. the World and The Hardy Boys Casefiles II are still published to this day, along with yearly crossover series, one with Nancy Drew and one with Tom Swift.
Note that in 2010 Simon & Schuster also rebooted the Nancy Drew continuity, and in 2012, due to the success of the new Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series, did the same with Tom Swift. For the new continuity Simon & Schuster took more of a shared universe approach, and it is far from rare for any one of the four title characters, to make guest appearances in another series.
The most successful story of the new continuity, was 2014's Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys/Tom Swift crossover which was the conclusion of a story line had been taking place in both Nancy Drew series (Vs. the World and Files II) and Hardy Boys series (Vs. the World and Casefiles II), and the Tom Swift series, over the past few months.