For the original novel, see The Mystery of the Chinese Junk.
For the 1969 television episode, see The Mystery of the Chinese Junk (1969 TV).
The Mystery of the Chinese Junk is a television pilot, based on The Hardy Boys novel of the same name. It first aired on September 8, 1967, but failed, otherwise it would have been followed with a television series.
Frank and Joe buy a Chinese junk, named Hai Hau, and soon find themselves fighting criminals in New York City.
Note: According to the shooting Script
- Rick Gates...Frank Hardy
- Tim Matheson...Joe Hardy
- Richard Anderson...Fenton Hardy
- Portia Nelson...Gertrude Hardy
- Stephen Jahn...Chet Morton
- Ricky Kelman...Biff Hooper
- Jan-Michael Vincent...Tony Prito
- Brian Fong...Jim Foy
- Edward Andrews...Dr. Montrose
- James Shigeta...George Ti Ming
- Emile Meyer...Burke
- Malcolm Atterbury...Clams Daggett
- Teri Garr...Susie
- Henry Jordan...Second man
- Jack Richardson...Richardson
- Nancy Roth...Betty
- George Shibata...Ben Foy
- Teru Shimada...Mr. Pan
- Howard Smith... Cummings
- Cindy Ferrare.... Iola Morton
- Susan Swetnam... Callie Shaw
Note: According to the shooting script, Cindy Ferrare is credited as "Lola". However, the credits title screen lists her as "Iola", so presumably she is meant to represent Chet's sister, Iola Morton. (See cast and crew from the shooting script at The Unofficial Hardy Boys Home Page.)
The Mystery of the Chinese Junk at IMDb
- The Mystery of the Chinese Junk at IMDb
- Photo gallery of screencaptures from the pilot- http://www.flickr.com/photos/65324234@N02/with/5948712261/