|Revenge of the Desert Phantom|
|Author||Franklin W. Dixon|
|House name||Franklin W. Dixon|
|Cover artist|| Richard Williiams (1985)|
Paul Bachem (1989)
|Publisher|| Wanderer Books (1985)|
Minstrel Books (198?)
|Publication date||Wanderer: 1985 Minstrel:|
|Media type||Print (Paperback) (Hardcover)|
|ISBN||ISBN 0-671-49729-4 (Wanderer)|
|Series||The Hardy Boys|
|Preceded by||The Swamp Monster|
|Followed by||The Skyfire Puzzle|
- "A Race Against Time In The Jungle Of Africa Pits Frank and Joe Against The Toughest Odds They've Ever Faced!"
- — Tagline from 1985 cover of Revenge of the Desert Phantom
Revenge of the Desert Phantom is the 84th book in The Hardy Boys series, and the 26th book published in the Digest series. It was first published in 1985 by Wanderer Books (an imprint of Simon & Schuster), and then it was reprinted by Minstrel Books (an imprint of Simon & Schuster) in the late 1980's.
Back cover summary:
Frank and Joe never had a tougher assignment than this one that takes them to the famine-ridden, war-torn African country of Zebwa.
Their job is to safely deliver a beautiful young African girl, Nikki, to the headquarters of an army intent on restoring democracy to the country her father once led. Her father had been assassinated and the country taken over by ruthless, cruel dictators. Someone in her father's own government is the traitor who killed him---and Nikki cannot identify him!
Through dense jungles hiding armed-to-kill enemies and over parched desert with no protection from the blinding sun, the boys and their friend Chet Morton do whatever they must in order to ensure Nikki's safety---putting their own lives in terrible danger. Will Nikki reach her people in time and rid them of a murderous traitor? Can Zebwa be saved?
- Fenton Hardy
- Frank Hardy
- Joe Hardy
- Chet Morton
- Aunt Gertrude
- Sam Radley (passing mention)
- Nikki Jerusa
Businesses and organizations
- Jerusa Loyalists
- Revenge of the Desert Phantom is very similar to the Graphic Novel The Ocean of Osyria in that they go to Africa to track down ruthless criminals. Even the descriptions of the vehicles they use are similar.
- This was the last Hardy Boys title to feature the title of the next Hardy Boys story within the text of the story. The The Hardy Boys Casefiles would feature a one page write-up of the next story at the back of the book.
- Book #85 The Skyfire Puzzle and #84 Revenge of the Desert Phantom were written in the Casefiles style, even though the first Casefiles would not be issued for nearly two more years.
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #84 Revenge of the Desert Phantom, back cover write-up, 1985