|Occupation||High school student|
|Appearances||The Hardy Boys #1 The Tower Treasure|
Joe is the younger of the Hardy brothers. He is the more impulsive of the two brothers and Frank often has to exercise his more cautious nature to stop Joe running into trouble. Joe had once landed himself in jail. However, this rarely causes any tension between the two as Joe usually bows to Frank's common sense.
Joe has an unusually wry sense of humour, often poking fun at his friends. They tend to take his mocking in good humour and usually play along with his jokes.
- "You're getting to be pretty good on that motorcycle, Frank," Joe said as the boys rode into the Hardy garage. "I'm not even scared to ride alongside you any more!"
- — The Hardy Boys #1 The Tower Treasure (1959) p18
He also dated Iola Morton
Skills and abilitiesEdit
Joe has picked up most of his detective abilities from his father. He knows some Spanish, being at least able to read and have short conversations in it.
Like his brother, Joe is a great sportsman. These are just some of the sports he has been known to play:
Joe owned and rode a motorbike and owned a car with his brother but they have since received a surplus van from the Bayport Police Department. Joe has also piloted both the brothers' motorboat, the Sleuth, and their ice boat, the Sea Gull.
Joe has become the mechanic of the two brothers. Every time their van acts up, Joe is the one looking under the hood to see what the problem is.
- Joe was used many times in the Nancy Drew computer games. His first appearance in the games was in Last Train To Blue Moon Canyon. He was also in The Creature of Kapu Cave. His voice was lent by Rob Jones. He also made other appearances as only a telephone character, giving Nancy help and hints, in Danger by Design and The Phantom of Venice.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Hardy Boys #1 The Tower Treasure (1959) p3
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #1 The Tower Treasure (1959), p24
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #12 - Footprints Under the Window (1965) chapter 16
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #1 The Tower Treasure (1959), p62
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #8 The Mystery of Cabin Island (1966), p2
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #33 The Yellow Feather Mystery
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #1 The Tower Treasure (1959), p92
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook (revised text)
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #84 Revenge of the Desert Phantom (1985)
- ↑ The Hardy Boys #87 Program for Destruction (1987)